Terms & Conditions of Service
We care about your pet's safety and well being and want to assure you that every effort will be made to make your pet's visit as pleasant as possible.
Occasionally grooming can expose a hidden medical problem or aggravate an existing one. This can occur during or after the grooming.
Please note that senior and geriatric pets are at high risk of complications due to stress from the grooming process. We will do our best to minimize the stress but your pet may need to come more frequently or several shorter visits to complete the groom. We may ask you to stay on-site if we are concerned about your pet's well being.
In the best interest of your pet we require your permission to obtain immediate veterinary treatment should it become necessary.
I hereby grant DAWG Pet Care and Training Academy to obtain emergency veterinary treatment for my pet at my expense.
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY, THIS AGREEMENT INCLUDES A RELEASE OF LIABILITY AND WAIVER OF LEGAL RIGHTS. IT DEPRIVES YOU OF THE RIGHT TO SUE DAWG PET CARE AND TRAINING ACADEMY AND RELATED PARTIES. DO NOT SIGN THIS AGREEMENT UNLESS YOU HAVE READ IT IN ITS ENTIRETY. SEEK THE ADVICE OF LEGAL COUNSEL IF YOU ARE UNSURE OF ITS EFFECT. GROOMING POLICIES, PROCEDURES AND DOGS/ CATS RELEASE, WAIVER OF LIABILITY, ASSUMPTION OF RISK AND INDEMNIFICATION AGREEMENT.
DAWG Pet Care and Training RELEASE FORM
· If the owner's pet is hurt or becomes ill, DAWG Pet Care and Training have permission to obtain immediate medical care from the veterinarian of our choice, should the pet's veterinarian not be accessible. The Pet owner agrees to pay all costs for medical treatment provided unless illness or injury is a direct result of the negligence of the DAWG Pet Care and Training employees. At DAWG Pet Care and Training, all pets are treated by the employees with the utmost care and due diligence. DAWG Pet Care and Training will not be held responsible for clipper burn and/ or minor nicks resulting from the grooming of matted, neglected coats- or for irritation caused by removing coat from pets possessing mild to severe skin allergies, nor will we be held responsible for stressful effects grooming may have on a geriatric pet.
· DAWG Pet Care and Training must be notified 24 hours of any claims by the owner regarding compensation for medical attention given as a result of the alleged negligence of our staff. In the event of a dispute over the owner's claim, DAWG Pet Care and Training will personally consult the attending veterinarian before settling any claim.
· DAWG Pet Care and Training is not responsible for any allergic reactions resulting from the manufacturer's recommended usage of any products. We take great care in selecting the best natural products and have few situations with reactions- in saying this, your dog/ cat may have extreme needs that go beyond the care we provided. Please let us know within 24 hours, and we will do everything we can to help- even if it means giving your dog an extra oat-meal bath.
· DAWG Pet Care and Training is not responsible for pre-existing medical conditions or the aggravation of those conditions; such as, but not limited to, heart disease, arthritis, obesity, infections, or any other medical problem that may be affected by the grooming process.
· The health of each pet is DAWG Pet Care and Training's number one concern. If DAWG Pet Care and Training feels the safety or well-being of the Owner's Pet and/or a grooming associate is in jeopardy, a muzzle may be used, or services refused or discontinued.
· DAWG Pet Care and Training reserves the right to charge additional fees for services we consider over and above the norm covered by our standard rates. DAWG Pet Care and Training reserves the right to refuse service to customers who pose a threat to our employees and other pets in our care, whether it is an aggression problem, health problem, or parasite problem.
· Should the owner's pet expose the unit or salon with parasites, there will be an additional charge to cover DAWG Pet Care and Training's expense for fumigation and flea bathing the pet. It is necessary to fumigate to prevent contamination to other dogs/cats.
DAWG Pet Care and Training will never demat an extensively matted dog or cat. Dematting is painful for the pet and can have lasting implications in regards to the dogs/cats fears and negative associations to the grooming process. Should your dog/cat be extensively matted, the best option is to have the pet “shaved down” and create a plan going forward, where the owner recognizes the importance of maintenance (brushing/combing) with proper techniques & regular appointments. When this plan is implemented the owner can have the stylized, trim of their choice.
· It has been our experience that when a pet is "shaved down", pre-existing conditions may appear. When a pet is very matted /pelted, air cannot get through to its skin. If the pet has an itch and bites itself, the skin will become sore and will not be able to heal through the matted coat. Stripping uncovers these skin conditions, as well as other skin problems that may have developed from the lack of air and grooming. Pets are also more prone to causing damage to their own skin from scratching/rubbing etc once the coat is “shaved down” and we will not be held responsible for this.
Please note that it is difficult to shave a matted pet without slightly irritating the skin since the groomer must get underneath the mats. THE ONLY WAY WE WILL CONSIDER SHAVING DOWN YOUR PET WILL BE WITH YOUR CONSENT. There will be an extra charge for this service because the groomer will need extra blades, extra lubricant for the clipper, and more time to slowly and carefully get under the pet's mats/ pelt.
· I, the undersigned, owner or person representing the owner, do hereby release DAWG Pet Care and Training from any and all responsibility resulting in shaving down my pet and understand and support the conditions stated in this agreement.
· Right to Refuse Service- DAWG Pet Care and Training has the right to refuse service for any reason it deems. In the event of a dog/cat that cannot be groomed safely without danger to the groomer/ employees/ or others, DAWG Pet Care and Training will use muzzles, e-collars, straps etc. on dogs, but only a muzzle created specifically for cats on felines (air muzzle or similar). Grooming services may be stopped mid-groom if necessary for the safety of the dog/ cat, or groomer. Grooming fees may still be applied.
· Duty to Disclose- I have disclosed and will continue to disclose on an ongoing basis, any and all medical or other conditions, including but not limited to personality concerns or behaviours that may affect, limit or prevent my dog's/cat's ability to be at DAWG Pet Care and Training.
· DAWG Pet Care and Training & follow the Personal Information and Protection And Electronic Documents Act of the Canadian Federal Government : (acts/P-8.6) and ensures that all personal information, (Name, Phone Numbers, Addresses, Pet Information) is only documented and saved within the programs used by this business. This information is not shared on employees’ phones or documents that they can print or save. We will not share this information with any other business or individuals.
· I authorize DAWG to use photos, of my dog/s/ cat/s for whom I have legal ownership for any promotional materials regarding DAWG programs, facilities, or services. All photos taken on the premises of DAWG by any employee or staff, will not be sold/ shared to other parties/websites/Facebook pages/or other social networking media. Promotional materials bearing these photos may be distributed for free to the public and posted on the DAWG website and social media. DAWG reserves the right to use any photo or likeness for a time period beginning when this form is signed and ending upon written request of the legal pets owner.
· I hereby agree to expressly and forever generally waive, discharge claims, indemnify, release liability, save, hold harmless and defend DAWG Pet Care and Training, their invitees, sponsors, advertisers, owners, officers, directors, employees, volunteers, agents, representatives, leasers, and all others having interest in DAWG Pet Care and Training (The Releases) from and against any and all injury, liability, claims, litigation, actions, suits, costs, losses, damages, attorney's fees, expenses or demands of every character whatsoever on account of, arising out of, resulting from or relating in any way to (1) any act or omission of the releases, including negligence, and (2) me or my dog's/cat's participation at DAWG Pet Care and Training, or otherwise.
I agree that this release shall be binding on me and my successors, heirs, legal representatives, and assigns. I also expressly and forever release DAWG Pet Care and Training from any duty to protect me or my dog (s)/ cat (s) from injury of any kind and agree that even if DAWG Pet Care and Training choose to implement safety precautions; such actions shall not alter the fact that I have released DAWG Pet Care and Training from any duty to protect me or my dog (s)/ cat (s).
DISCLAIMER, AGREEMENT AND WAIVER **PLEASE READ THIS CAREFULLY** It affects any rights you may have while your dog(s) or Cat(s) is/are participating in Training. It also states your responsibilities regarding photo usage and the fees and expectations regarding the services offered by DAWG Training Academy. I (hereinafter referred to as OWNER) hereby agree to the following covenants described below regarding the DAWG Training Academy classes and training programs. I further release, waive, discharge and covenant not to sue DAWG, Bernadette van Klaveren, and any of the officers, servants, agents and employees of the above-mentioned entities (hereinafter referred to as RELEASEES) for any liability, claim and/or cause of action arising out of or related to any loss, damage or injury, including death, that occurs as a result of my participation in the below-described activities. 1. RELEASEES do not guarantee a dog’s behaviour at any time. We can only evaluate and supervise to the best of our knowledge. 2. By signing this agreement you are giving your consent for your dog or cat to take part in activities as determined by the trainer and also to play with other pets as deemed safe and beneficial by the trainer. 3. RELEASEES hereby have permission to use any photos taken of you and/or your dog during class for advertising purposes. Names of the owner(s) will not be printed or released. If you do not want your dog’s picture taken and shared on social media, it is your responsibility to inform the RELEASEES of this choice. 4. Any time groups of dogs play or interact together there is a chance for injury. By signing below I’m giving permission for my dog(s) to interact with other dogs, play on the agility equipment, and with discs and other toys. OWNER is responsible for any injuries incurred while dog participated in training services provided by the RELEASEES 5. Fees are non-refundable. Occasionally, a refund may be given, and at the sole discretion of the RELEASEES. By submitting this Disclaimer, Agreement and Waiver, I state that I have read and understood the conditions set forth in this Disclaimer, Agreement and Waiver and that I agree to all conditions set forth herein, and that I do this voluntary. *